Home Solar Energy Basics
Photovoltaic (PV) panels convert sunlight directly into electricity.
The system consists of:
* Solar PV Panels — Generate DC electricity
* Inverter — Converts the DC to standard AC electricity which is compatible with the electrical grid and capable of powering electrical devices.
* Utility Meter — Tracks the solar electricity which your system produces and feeds to the utility grid, thereby keeping track of your credit from the utility.
A grid-tied solar electric system can generate power on-site to supply a home or business which is connected to the utility grid and offset the usage from the utility company. Grid-tied systems are the most common types of solar systems.
Discover More About Solar for your Home
- WHAT ARE PHOTOVOLTAICS?
- REQUEST YOUR FREE SOLAR ESTIMATE
- HAVE RESIDENTIAL SOLAR QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT ANSWERS
- SEE OUR BAY AREA SOLAR SUCCESS (photos)
Solar Energy For: