As a Martinez homeowner, you’ve been exploring a home solar solution. An awesome new program, called the California Solar Initiative, can give you cash back if you go solar.
Why would California give you money to put in this technology, and how much can you get?
The Golden State wants to move us all towards a future of clean energy, and the state is willing to pay pioneers of home solar rebates for every watt of energy installed.
You may qualify for California Solar Initiative funds if you currently buy utilities from Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric, or Pacific Gas & Electric. You also need to have space on your roof or building or yard that collects sunlight from at least 11 AM to the end of day, all year around. (If you get electricity from a municipal utility, your provider may provide additional incentives.)
Applying for California Solar Initiative Money – 5 Easy Steps
- First, you need to go through what’s known as an Energy Efficiency Audit — a program designed to make sure that you’re using energy well and reducing needless consumption.
- The next step is to find a great, qualified installer of solar technology in Martinez. Please consider connecting with the Save A Lot Solar team. Our solar contractors are highly experienced, thorough, and well-reputed.
- Next, you apply for rebates through the designated CSI application process. The team here at Save A Lot Solar can do that for you, so you don’t even need to think about it.
- Once you get a confirmation letter from the CSI program, you just install your system, sync it up with your power company’s grid, and you’re ready to go.
- Lastly, you submit your incentive claim form and enjoy rebates doled out based on your customer class, installation and performance factors, and size of your system. You can choose from two different rebate paths, including the Expected Performance Base Buydown (EPBB) and Performance Based Incentive (PBI).
Don’t wait to explore this exciting and innovative program to save money, maximize your energy dollar and add true value to your home. Make your property more saleable, enjoy more freedom over your energy costs, and support California’s quest for a cleaner energy future. Contact the team at Save A Lot Solar to help you with your home solar installation today.